RE: No Start!!! Battery Draw??? Help??

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: No Start!!! Battery Draw??? Help??
From: "Jen/Scott" <jsloan798@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 08:02:46 -0700
Well all, I am happy to say that I figured out the problem after many
hours and a disasembly of my fuse wiring that I had put together last
year to allow for the larger fuse block.

It looked as though somehow everything was getting power no matter what
I did, and on top of that, it was also grounding out before the fuse
block, but just slightly, otherwise I would have had a fire.

Upon investigation, I found that the ammeter connections (which have
power at all times) somehow were pulled out of the connection it had
(poor one to begin with)just enough so that one or two strands were
grounding. Also, another set of wires that had power with the key on,
were barely touching the ground, so that explains the lack of power
completely with the key on. Not quite sure how the wiring was
originally, but no fuses were blown this whole time, so I am not sure
what good they are really doing. I am just glad the Tiger will start up
now.

So, the real question is how did this happen? My best explaination is
that the yahoo who tried to start the car threw himself in and put his
foot down to the left of the clutch or just had his foot really crooked
on the clutch, which pulled pretty good on the main wiring harness,
which pulled the wires. They we just not touching ground yet until after
I drove it home. That is my guess, and I am sticking to it. I did make
sure that the rest of the wires down there were all secure and connected
well so this is less likely to happen again.

Thanks to everyone who offered help, and I have just one final question.
During my search, I noted what I think was called the ignition warning
light. The connection on this was absolutly horrid, and confusing. That
was where I looked first for this under the dash, but disconnecting it
did nothing. The connection basically had two wires to it, with two
resistors soldered on, and the wires crossed. Is this a correct setup? I
assume that if it is wrong, I would not know, but if it was correct then
I would not know since my alternator is working fine. So for now it is
out of the car, but I will put it back if I know the correct and cleaner
way to do so.

Thanks again!!

Scott