RE: Motor Mods

To: <Caseyh4312@aol.com>, <chris@cthompson.net>
Subject: RE: Motor Mods
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:33:11 -0500
Joey
        I'm running a 260, 2bbl and I installed a Pertronix Ignitor and a
slightly different cam, Competition Cam part # 31-215-2, when I went through
the engine.   I personally like the performance of this mostly stock
combination.

        The first thing you should do is drive the Tiger in its stock form;
1- to sort the car out and 2- to get a baseline for its performance.   A
stock Tiger will go to 100 mph very quickly and the 2bbl will give you
excellent acceleration, so try it first.

        Install a Pertronix Ignitor system or similar to eliminate the
points; you'll never have to change or set points again.   You also need to
know what the distributor advance curve is doing, if the distributor is not
advancing well you will get poor response and performance.

        The Holley Techbook shows that a 260 at 6500 rpm needs 400 cfm so
stay with the smaller carb.

Ron Fraser