Re: Motor Mods

To: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>, <Caseyh4312@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Motor Mods
From: <arado7@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:39:13 -0500
I concur with the idea of trying a stock Tiger out for performance before
making any mods. It may have enough to meet your needs. In my own Tiger when
I acquired it,  it was fitted with a 600 cfm Ford carburetor and this dumped
enough raw fuel to bell shape upper cylinders. I rebored to +30 to rectify
and replaced with a 390 cfm Holley. Performance went up, fuel consumption
went down. As a restorer of British cars I choose not to modify but to
maintain originality. I do, however, use Pertronix, Mobil 1, Dot 5 and
Urethane paint/bushings. Highly modified Tigers bring more money at this
time but original cars are getting very hard to find. Perhaps the value will
turn back. Gary   B9472283