Re: Motor Mods

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Motor Mods
From: "Curt" <choffman9@cinci.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:57:14 -0500
Quick question on this carb issue. I have had out of the box 600 cfm Hollys
on my cars in the past, both on tigers and Mustangs without any issues. I
always used vacuum secondaries going on the assumption that I would be
basically operating as a 2 barrel unless I really nailed it. Is there really
a performance difference for dropping the cfm down with this type of carb/ I
am getting my 289 built to a "stroker" level and will have a good deal of
horsepower although we are going to keep it driveable. I already owned a new
600 cfm Holly with electric choke and was hoping to use this but now you
guys have me worried. Thoughts?

Curt Hoffman