Re: FW: Roush Crate Engine in Tiger

To: <Veeseeoso@aol.com>, <dave@munroe.ca>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: FW: Roush Crate Engine in Tiger
From: "Tony Someone" <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 00:36:25 -0600
 I believe there are bore, stroke, crank, casting and metallurgical
> differences between the 289 and 302

   I wasnt a member of the LIST at those discussions BUT I do know that the
ammount of nickle along with other castable netals PLAYS a large part if
which block or set of heads are the best to use when building something
other than a 260. I have the stock 260 from more thn one Tiger, have
considered using one in a mid 80s Bronco 2. It only lacked for power and the
T-5 works even w/ the stock 6 cylinders. Problem is MEN, we have to much to
choose from and to many dealers pushing their product. Makes it tough for a
smart guy(which Ive learned several of the Ca. guys are high on the IQ
meter) makes it tougher for a big hillbilly blonde. I think we should hear
from all of the members with a roh or Ford or other crate ebgine.
performance to oil consumption. Advertized rwhp, etc to what dyno days says
now the numbers are. Whos has the best for the dollar OR do I go uptown to
the guy fron Chi Town, who married into the largest Jag supplier in the US
of parts and almost all Jag water pumps- he says he can do better but who do
I trust. I think the member who reports the best numbers for the dollar. I
think most all of us want a stroker engin. I apologise to the stock members
but remember, I never do what cant be replaced with stock parts. Hey, I hope
everyone has a great Sun. Think Ill take the Tiger out for a drink. ttyl,
TTT in S. IL