Re: Steering Rack Lubrication

To: "Ken Ritacco" <ritacco0758@charter.net>,
Subject: Re: Steering Rack Lubrication
From: "Robin Young" <robin02@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 08:16:59 -0400
From: "Ken Ritacco" <ritacco0758@charter.net>

. > What looks like a grease fitting on the MG rack is acually a oil fitting
and
> you are supposed to use a Tecalemit oiler to get oil into the rack.The
> Tecalemit oilers can be found on ebay. >

Ken, I too have the MG rack and a bellows has burst, spilling all the oil.
Since my rack is installed, it is difficult to find the oil fitting you
mentioned. Could you describe where it is located. Also, do you have more
information on the Tecalemit oiler. A search on ebay turned up nothing. I am
not sure how to determine if the oil  is replaced to the correct level. In
my case, maybe it can be measured before installing it. How much oil should
go into the rack?Thanks Robin Young