Re: UPDATE: Clutch slave cylinder over extending.

To: Kathy and Erich Coiner <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Subject: Re: UPDATE: Clutch slave cylinder over extending.
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 09:43:26 -0700
Erich,

I believe you are absolutely correct.  The only place I have ever heard
of a good rationale for an expensive, and fluid weepy, hydraulic throw
out bearing is in a case of an engine, or bell housing change that will
not support the stock system.

This can occur when you cannot get a new 6 bolt slave bracket (the CAT
cast aluminum bracket has been reported to have some structural
issues.)  The Mk II bracket is hard to come by, and is even said to be
crooked on the Mk II.  Some bell housings for 6 bolt do not support a
compatible lever arm system.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman