RE: UPDATE: Clutch slave cylinder over extending.

To: "'Tiger List'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: UPDATE: Clutch slave cylinder over extending.
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 12:23:06 -0600
Hi all,
Starting a couple of years ago, McLeod introduced an updated annular
throwout bearing that, among other things, was supposed to resolve some
problems with fluid leakage from the swivel hydraulic joints. As recently as
last summer, though, there were still early design parts in the retail
pipeline, generally available at reduced prices, so it would be easy to
inadvertently end up with one of these units. I talked (email) with someone
at McLeod at that time, and they had a refurbishment program in place where
they would update early-design parts to the current spec. I don't remember
what, if anything, that was going to cost.

As remarked by both Curtis and Steve, the annular hydraulic throwout bearing
solves a number of problems if (a) you're trying to fit a non-stock
bellhousing or (b) want more room for your right foot and don't mind doing
some sheetmetal work down there. I'm doing (a) and the PO bashed a relief in
that corner of the transmission hump already anyway, so I'm going to rebuild
that corner of the firewall/tunnel and get the foot room as a bonus.

Best regards,
Theo