RE: Headers

To: <PhastPhill@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Headers
From: "Frank P. Marrone" <itswonderful@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:44:12 -0700
With my car (and I emphasize that as YMMV) the drivers side had to be
installed first, to do this the engine had to be moved as far as possible
toward the passenger side and the drivers side of the engine had to be
tilted up some.  The engine hangers and mounts have to be removed of course
and I doubt it could be done with many, if any, of the accessory equipment
attached to the engine (alternator, fan, etc.).  Even still, on my car I
initially feared it would be impossible to install the headers but
persistence paid off and I discovered the proper way to orient the headers
initially, and the right way and time to turn them into position as they are
installed.  A helper is nearly a must but I did mine several times by myself
using a lot of patience.

Frank
B9471116 (I'm picking up an interim engine today to get back on the road)