Re: Theft

To: arado7@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: Theft
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 17:24:57 -0800
Once upon a time I watched a program on stealing cars. The kinds that
lock the steering wheel to the pedal or to some part of structure were
some of the easiest to defeat. I watched one where the car was locked
and with the device you mentioned applied. Took less that 10 seconds or
so to steal the car. It was truely frightening. The used a slim jim to
open the door, a bolt cutter to cut the steering wheel, bent the cut
ends of the steering wheel, slipped th elock off and were gone... well,
maybe it was 20 seconds, but it sure wasn't long. I think something
electrical is far better. some kind of remote fuel cut off or remote
coil killer wire could do the trick. And maybe some kind of hood lock to
prevent opening it and looking for ways to defeat  any electronic devices?

In any case something is needed,t if you live in fear of losing the car,
it wont be much fun at all.

mayf, out in pahrump