RE: thirsty Tiger

To: "'Joey Hiykel'" <v8sunbeamtiger@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: thirsty Tiger
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 16:42:03 -0400
OK, I'm the fuel miser here.

My mostly stock 260 w/2bbl gets up to 29 mpg on the highway.

The biggest hits on mileage are dragging rear brakes and your distributor is
not advancing correctly.

Check your rear brakes for any amount of drag and adjust accordingly and
make sure you still have good brake pedal feel when your done.

Check the mechanical and vacuum advance curves on your distributor and
compare it to the numbers in the Service Manual.
Are you getting all the advance you should?   The vacuum advance is the
economy part of the curve and it can pull the full advance up around 50
degrees on the highway.

Ron Fraser