RE: thirsty Tiger

To: "'David Sosna'" <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>,
Subject: RE: thirsty Tiger
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 10:35:16 -0400
David
        There are a number of factors to how much and how fast the advance
curve is all in.
Stock specs for the 260 and 289 advance curves are all in by 4000 rpm; for
best mileage you would like it all in at cruise rpm, 2500 to 3000 rpm.

First you need to check your advance curve; you need a dial back timing
light and a hand vacuum pump w/gauge.

Set initial timing

Disconnect vacuum canister
Connect hand pump to vacuum line
Run mechanical advance; record timing vs rpm; record vacuum vs rpm

Return to idle and stay at idle
Plug vacuum line
Attach hand pump to vacuum canister
Run vacuum advance; Record timing vs vacuum

Ron Fraser