220 voltage question

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: 220 voltage question
From: Peter Laurinaitis <laurin212@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 13:28:11 -0700 (PDT)
question to the electrically inclined ... i've been given for my use basically
indefinitely a large industrial air compressor and giant blast cabinet set up,
this thing is giant and old but should work well ... issue i am trying to
figure out how to work around is that it takes 220v, and in my hanger i have a
110 outlet near it, and about 75 feet away a 220v single plug outlet that
powers the hanger door motor.  i've been trying to research if an extension
cord is available that can take 220v and run it for 75', or will i need to run
a 220v cable off from the 220v outlet and run it 75' through the metal conduit
pipe to were i need it, basically doing it "right" instead of the extension
cord shortcut.  i'd rather do the simplest fix here.  any thoughts?

thks
peter

Peter Laurinaitis
peter.laurinaitis.wg02@wharton.upenn.edu