RE: 220 voltage question

To: "'Thomas Witt'" <atwittsend@verizon.net>,
Subject: RE: 220 voltage question
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 16:34:05 -0600
If the wire gauge on the extension cord (or even on a permanent run) is too
small then the motor will have a tough time starting and it will shorten the
life of the motor... We did that here at work with a Thermotron temperature
chamber.
I don't know about using PVC for a semi-permanently pressurized air line - a
little stress crack and it will blow up big time. I've previously used
copper water line over about a 50 foot run with no problems - you can easily
join sections and tee off access points wherever it's convenient.

Theo