Re: Cooling the Tiger

To: Fhsloth3@cs.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cooling the Tiger
From: PhastPhill@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:52:29 EDT
Very much the same as Fred here. When Got my MKII it would overheat and  puke
after a half hour or less. 289, F4b, 1850 holley cam and headers so a bit
more power than stock. Removed org rad and had it rebulit with a modern 3 row
core using the org tanks. Cups of crud it the bottom of it. Flushed the block,
used a 15 in Derale fan, Edelbrock hi-volume pump, blocked the air horns as
per  article. I used 4 mil black plastic that I cut to fit and used available
holes to bolt on, with longer arms for the horns, so they sit in front of the
blocked holes. You can't even see the stuff there, have not done the bottom
air  dam, do have org shroud and I installed a gano filter in the top hose. No
overheating in 30*c weather, and if it gets up on the gauge a quick trip on
the  hwy brings it back to the middle of gauge. And I use a new 160 degree
thermostat. Read the article and do the basic stuff.....sure worked for
me.....cheers