RE: water pumps

To: "'Ron Fraser'" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>, <motoys2001@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: water pumps
From: "Robert Palmer" <rpalmerbob@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 08:31:13 -0700
Ron,

What you have apparently forgotten from your thermo book is the simple law
that heat flow is proportional to delta T. The slower the flow, the lower
the delta T. This "urban legend" is like a weed that feeds on specious
logic.

Bob

        As for my statement; it might not be completely accurate in all
incidents but it is essentially true.
We can not change the laws of Physics or Thermodynamics.   Every coolant has
a heat absorption rate; the faster you move the coolant, the less time it
has to absorb heat and less time to release the heat.   It's one of those
trick questions that you really can't answer correctly without all the
specific information, which is not available to us here and this is not
Thermodynamics class.
        Its been 30 some years since I opened a Thermodynamics book and I
know there are many many factors involved for the Heat absorption and Heat
dissipation equations and there are even more factors to consider when your
dealing with a closed system.  Again that was not my point.

        System problems need the whole system evaluated to find the root
cause of a problem; especially the cooling system.

Ron Fraser