Re: Timing

To: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Timing
From: "Tiger man" <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 20:47:23 -0700
I used the Mr Gasket spring kit for the 60's era Fords, it was the only one
I could find that people were still making.

I carefully checked the timing curve before and after the mod.
The initial and total advance is the same, it now just comes in sooner.

There were several better kits available that had different weight springs
that were designed for different applications, but was never bold enough to
try them, as I feared what you mentioned with possible changes in how
initial or early timing could be disturbed by the wrong springs.

It is snowing here again, so I haven't taken it for a test drive yet, but
have high confidence it will improve driving performance based on a friend
here who did the same mod this summer.

Steve