Re: Pumping Gas

To: crbernardino@mac.com, CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: Pumping Gas
From: "Robert Bridgeford" <bobbridgeford@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 18:24:43 -0700
The Oregon law is an employment law. The major oil companies have attempted
to overthrow it twice by hiring paid petition collectors and putting it on
the general ballot using the initiative process.  They have then run
campaigns saying that gas would be cheaper for Oregonians if we would pump
it ourselves.  You can guess how much credibility the gas companies have
with most voters ....  the issue was soundly defeated both times. And gas is
usually cheaper here than it is in both CA and WA .  Unions were not
involved...these minimum wage jobs are not covered by any oreganized labor
group.  We just think it isn't much fun to pump gas in the rain, and there
are real safety issues as others have pointed out on this list.  Moste
drivers are not nearly as savvy about mechanical devices as Tiger folks.

Bob Bridgeford
541 549 9539
Sisters OR 97759