Pumping Gas

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Pumping Gas
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 15:15:11 EDT
I know a woman who always seem to go to a station that had an  attendant
pumping gas.  I can tell you that those are terribly hard to find  in Vermont.
would guess that one out of 400 pumps have an attendant, but  she knew where
those few were.
I asked once if she knew how to pump it herself.  She said  yes, but had a
bad experience so always looked for a full service  place.
It took some prying to get the story out of her, but this is it.  She's
trying to get a pump going at  self service station and the station  is packed,
people all around and it's one of those pumps that no one can figure  out. The
screen keeps giving messages and one of messages said to put the nozzle  back
in
the pump and start over.  Well, she did that 3 or 4 times and then  a man's
voice comes over the speaker at the pump loud and clear.  "Lady if  you don't
stop pushing it in and taking it out I'm going to shut up off."
Well, she drove off without gas and hadn't set foot in a self  service since.