Re: [Tigers] alpine on eBay...again

To: tigers@autox.team.net, JHef101@aol.com, Cullen McCann <CMcCann@lwpb.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] alpine on eBay...again
From: <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 9:22:44 -0400
Hey, all:

Being both an Alpine and Tiger owner, maybe I can help clear up the serial #
points being discussed here.  As we all know, the "B947..." series of cars were
Tiger Mk1s, the "B382..." series were Tiger Mk1As and the "B3821..." series
were Tiger MkIIs.  As far as Alpines go, they break down like this:  "B900..."
were Series Is, "B910..." were Series IIs, "B920..." were Series IIIs,
"B940..." or "B941..." were Series IVs and "B395..." were Series Vs.

The car in question on Ebay undoubtedly started life as a "B395..." Series V
Alpine due to it's square cornered doors and hood and it's unleaded body seams.
 Since it's got the State of Iowa-assigned VIN plate on it with what appears to
be a legitimate Tiger Mk1 serial # ("B947...", which is another dead
giveaway...the square corner Tigers would most generally either be "B382..." or
"B3821..." cars), I'll bet that it's a donor body to a wrecked or rusted out
Tiger.  The car is an obvious fake to anyone who's messed with Tigers for a
while.  Assuming the current owner isn't trying to defraud someone himself,
it's a shame that he got stuck with it.

My .02 cents worth,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK