Re: [Tigers] alpine on eBay...again

To: CoolVT@aol.com, awtiger@cox.net, tigers@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] alpine on eBay...again
From: Peter Laurinaitis <laurin212@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 07:51:41 -0700 (PDT)
the old "i got it from an estate and dont know better" story.  yeah right.
someone shrewd enough to buy a car that is supposed to be special and worth
some money who bought it for a fraction of its value.  anyone can google for 5
minutes and see what you are supposed to look for. 10% chance he actually got
taken, 90% chance he's just trying to take someone else.  sorry, the cynic in
me.  oh by the way, i'm a bank manager with a bank account that holds unclaimed
$10mm in sierra leone and am willing to share 20% of it if you help me get it
transferred to your US account...

=)

peter

--- CoolVT@aol.com wrote:

> Andy,
> Maybe he really didn't get "stuck with it." He supposedly got it  from an
> estate.  If he paid $3,000 or $5,000 he should still be able to do  quite
> well
> even selling it as an Alger. Somehow I get the feeling that he bought  it
> pretty
> cheaply.
> The main point is that after the communications from list members,  he should
>
> investigate and then list it as an Alger.  Of course if it has  enough
> original  Tiger parts, possibly it would be TACed as a Tiger.   Getting back
> to the
> old discussion, I don't think anyone has ever established  what parts and how
>
> many parts must be present to be TACed as a  Tiger.
> Mark

Peter Laurinaitis
peter.laurinaitis.wg02@wharton.upenn.edu