[Tigers] Clutch slave push rod to clutch lever

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Clutch slave push rod to clutch lever
From: Tim Webster <crabco@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 18:09:49 -0700
Fellow enthusiasts,

   In gettting ready to install the 260 and Toploader I note that according to
the Rootes part book there is a difference in the bolts used to secure the
transmission cross tube mount in a Mark 1 vs. a Mark 2.

The Mark 1 used a 3/8" x 5/8" UNF bolt with flat and spring washers. Mark 2's
featured a 3/4" bolt. I am wondering if a 3/4" bolt will work in the Mark 1
application and might indeed be an improvement? It would be handy as I am
unable to source a 5/8" Gr. 8 bolt.

Was this a simple bolt size change made to accomodate the 289's extra torque
and/or were the bolt holes made a bit deeper for the Mark 2?

Thanks,

Tim
B9470694