Re: [Tigers] Aluminum Heads--a downside?

To: Alvin Johnson <twojohnsons@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Aluminum Heads--a downside?
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:10:21 -0700
Al,

Talked to Dr. Moonstone yesterday.  His contention is that the rate of
heat radiated from a hot aluminum source bears a strong relationship to
the thermal emissivity and a rough surface has more surface area than a
polished one. In addition, paint provides a barrier to radiated thermal
emission rates.

He is, of course, in the coating industry, and bears some attention to
what he says.

I, also, agree with him.  If one does not have a temperature issue, then
it doesn't matter.  But Tigers need attention to this area, especially
when modified.  More H.P., more heat to be rejected.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com