Re: [Tigers] Aluminum Heads--a downside?

To: shutchin@netjets.com, SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com, twojohnsons@cox.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Aluminum Heads--a downside?
From: Drmoonstone@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 19:49:21 EDT
Essentially correct. Too everyone, for the last time I, AM NOT TALKING ABOUT
THE DOWNSIDE OF ALUM HEADS BUT THE DETRIMENTAL EFFECTS OF PAINTING AND
POLISHING ALUM HEADS. If you are running higher compression ratios you need
Alum
heads and any degradation to heat transfer effects the performance and
durability
of an alum headed engine! In some cases the increase in retained heat can
cause failure due to heat retained and lose of Hp.

We have a tell all in our Cermakrome line that causes the coated header to go
dull and gray at sustained heat exceeding 1350 degrees F (melting point of
the alum used in the cermaic/metallic coating). If it's dull and gray the
engine
is running super rich or very lean...all effecting performance of the
product.

Moonstone

Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for
fuel-efficient used cars.