Re: [Tigers] Aluminum Heads--a downside?

To: Drmoonstone@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Aluminum Heads--a downside?
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 17:10:51 -0700
Yep, again. Shouldn't paint the alloy heads. Unless it is with a special
paint designed to do the job. And the coating probably would need to be
very thin. Ditto for polishing. Smooth shiney surfaces do not have the
surface area for proper conduction and convection.  On high compression
motors, then the heads may mean the difference between working reliably
and not working well at any efficiency. Detonation is likely to result
with high compression reworked iron heads. The you have to run high
octane fuel and dial back the timing to prevent it..

Sean, what is gonna happen to the black turbo headers? Anything for me
to be on the lookout for?

Folks, Sean, and his brother in law, coated my headers for the race
beamer and they look wonderful. Trust what Sean tells you in this
regards. They do great work!

mayf