Re: [Tigers] Snake Oil or not

To: Rollright@aol.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Snake Oil or not
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 08:06:13 -0700 (PDT)
I have used it with good results, but not all can be attributed to the water
wetter. I used to run anti-freeze in the race car and due to the smallish
radiator in the summer was always up in temp around the 230 mark on the track.
I got a bottle of it and drained the cooling system of antifreeze and filled
it with distilled water and redline water wetter and in similar conditions
lost about 10 degrees (not scientific, just where it seems to run). I was
using standard prestone type antifreeze, but water is a better heat conductor
and as I don't have an Iron engine in the car so was less worried about the
rust inhibitors etc. The watter wetter bottle mentions it is less effective
with antifreeze so might help but not as much. It also seems just like some
type of soapish substance, slick to touch, and I guess the magic is it reduces
surface tension.
Sean - Can I use water wetter and get away with polish head?
Just kidding of course!
P.S. Most tracks will be pissed off if you are running
anti-freeze and have a problem, the track workers I was talking with said that
they would rather clean an oil slick then antifreeze as the oil is much easier
to get up.