Re: [Tigers] Snake Oil or not

To: "'Cullen McCann'" <cmccann@lwpb.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Snake Oil or not
From: "Jerry" <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 12:56:44 -0500
List,

Well after talking to a friend of mine who researched all this.

First of all it isn't 7.0 as I said, its .7 and distilled water is around
.5.
And it's the old acid base thing, to raise the number (more base) things
like antifreeze, Royal Purple water wetter, will raise the number.
Apparently it doesn't take much to raise the number; my friend said he used
only about 1/2 a bottle of Royal Purple to get his up to the .7 mark.
A kit for measuring pH is available at Wal-Mart or other pool stores as a
pool pH kit very cheep.
If per chance your water is very acid then baking soda is the way to get it
down.

Hope this helps.

Jerry Christopherson