Re: [Tigers] Pertronix Ignition

To: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>, "Tiger Man"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Pertronix Ignition
From: "Jim & Carolyn Burruss" <cburruss@hiwaay.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:34:56 -0500
Interesting comments.  I have just reinstalled my dash after reveneering it,
and in the process installed a different tach, a converted 4-cylinder unit.
I don't need the higher RPM reading, but my original tach had become heat
sensitive, reading much too high when it gets warm, even from the light
bulb, so that it was essentially useless.  The "new" tach, on a test start
up, has a wavering needle, while the original tach is rock steady.  This is
all with a Mallory dual point distributor.  The car is not yet ready to be
driven, so I'll know more in time.

To all who responded to my question so quickly with very valuable
information, thanks very much.  I'm always lurking in the background and
appreicate all the expertise.

    Jim Burruss