[Tigers] fuel cap

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] fuel cap
From: Bill Lawrence <billlawrence@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 14:59:13 +0000
Greetings fellow Tiger Enthusiasts,

I had the fuel filler cap on my 65 Tiger pop apart last night.  Looks like the
fixed pin end of the external cap is intact, but one of the "keepers" is
missing (presumably into the tank) while the other sprung onto the station
driveway and was rescued.

I really have a difficult time believing that the two keepers are just press
fit with out any type of mechanical fastener.

Any thoughts on a repair would be appreciated.

Any NOS or replacement cap available domestically?

Warm regards,
Bill Lawrence
Ft. Lauderdale
B9473246LRX