Re: [Tigers] How hot is hot ?

To: "Steve Ralsten" <sralsten@ca.rr.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] How hot is hot ?
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 06:18:59 -0500
Steve:

Welcome to the wonderful world of Tiger ownership!!!  Lesson #1: no air flow
through the radiator equals higher temperatures.  Tigers are well known for
their heating characteristics in traffic.  They're all going to run hotter
in stop-and-go traffic.

The good news is that your Tiger was always legendary around here for never
overheating.  Carroll never had a problem with it and, as fussy as he is
about taking care of his cars, he would have done something about it had it
been running too hot.  I've never seen his car even puke any water.

My car as a matter of course runs around 205 to 210 with no ill effects and
no water-puking.  Personally, I think some people get a little paranoid
about how warm their Tigers run.  Let's face it; in stock form, the Tiger
had a bit of a weak cooling system.  But, all it takes is reading this forum
to see all the things that can be done to make them run cooler.  Of course,
from what I've heard from you, stock is how you want it, which will preclude
any wild modifications.

Again, your Tiger has always set the standard around here for a great
running Tiger.  I don't think you have anything to worry about at all.  Just
enjoy the car.

Take care and keep in touch,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK