Re: [Tigers] How hot is hot ?

To: "Steve Ralsten" <sralsten@ca.rr.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] How hot is hot ?
From: "Tiger Man" <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 11:09:41 -0600
If you can, borrow someone's infrared (sometimes called laser) temp gauge,
and point it at something like the brass of the temp sender unit.  You may
find that your temp gauge is off by 10-20 degrees.  Mine reads about 210,
where the infrared thermometer tells me it really is 195 at the sending
unit.

If that is the problem, I believe there are a couple articles about how to
build a solid state voltage regulator for your gauges that will make them
more accurate

Steve