Re: [Tigers] Tigers and lack of discussion (Mustang II'S)

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers and lack of discussion (Mustang II'S)
From: "William Lau" <mrlau@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 20:28:19 -0500
It is great for someone to have an idea but you can't double the fuel usage
and expect to make less pollution because you will cause some other problem
like maybe not enough gasoline to go around and that is if the NOX went
down, which I doubt. Every few years we hear new buzz words that are going
to kill us all unless our government acts immediately.  This way we are
coerced into thinking that they are necessary so we will vote for them, and
against big anything. -- Bill --

I think the idea was to reduce a target component of emissions.  NOx I think
but I'm not looking it up.  For a few years in California you had to install
a NOx 'kit" in certain vehicles.  These all reduced ignition timing under
various conditions.  The cheapest one I ever saw consisted of plugs for the
vacuum advance hose and a sticker for the speedometer that cautioned against
driving over 55 MPH (or something like that).  Back then the HC limits were
pretty loose.  There was definitely a trade off made to reduce certain
pollutants while allowing some others to increase.

Frank