Re: [Tigers] Tigers and lack of discussion (Mustang II'S)

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers and lack of discussion (Mustang II'S)
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:59:29 -0700
>>>And the Mustang II has the last laugh ...<
>>>Can you even find one in a wreaking yard  anymore.?<<<

As someone who uses Mustang II's for source parts for my Turbo Pinto
conversion the answer is - yes.  The  So. Cal. Pick A Part type yards have
anywhere from 1-3 most times. The most common item removed is the 8" rearend
as it has the narrowest of the stock configuration.

Being they were the first heavily smogged Mustangs they got a bad rap. Also,
being built on the Pinto platform (and engine in lesser form) didn't help
(though the early Mustangs being built on the Falcon platform didn't hurt).
Tom

AM