[Tigers] SBF Distributor questions

To: rfraser@bluefrog.com
Subject: [Tigers] SBF Distributor questions
From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 10:07:19 -0300
I had some ignition issues that I finally traced to a vacuum advance unit
that had a big hole in the diaphragm.

I ordered a replacement from Summit, and recieved a wierd looking unit with
a cast iron flange that looks like it should bolt to an intake
manifold, has a steel cannister and a spigot for a tube. It is adjustable
with an Allen wrench through the spigot. Definitely not for my car!

This resulted from the order guy having difficulty finding a part number for
the proper replacement unit. He asked some questions I couldn't answer:
What is the model number of the distributor? (where is this number located
and is it likely I could find it without removing the distrib?)

The distributor cap has a slot in the bottom rim to locate the cap on the
distrib body, but there is no matching tab on the distributor. Is this
unusual for a
Tiger distributor? As it is the cap is free to rotate, confined only by the
wires' resistance to rotation.

Thanks for your help.

Dave