Re: [Tigers] SBF Distributor questions

To: "'Dave Munroe'" <dave@munroe.ca>, <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] SBF Distributor questions
From: "Jerry" <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 12:54:16 -0500
Dave,

The notch on the dist. cap locates on the left diaphragm mounting screw. It
has a raised portion in its casting that the cap locates on over the screw.

It will be hard to find an old period vacuum can (with the washers that can
be added to or removed from to change the amount of vacuum advance). The
newer ones have the adjustment inside as you were saying using a small allen
wrench.

Everyone should test their diaphragm periodically with a Mighty Vac or
something to see if it will hold a vacuum or not. If not then it needs to be
replaced. This will improve your mileage somewhat as that was what it was
designed for.

Jerry Christopherson

9473187