Re: [Tigers] SBF Distributor questions

To: "'Dave Munroe'" <dave@munroe.ca>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] SBF Distributor questions
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 09:51:31 -0400
Dave
        Ford has 2 styles of distributor; early and late style.

Early style has a round center section and generally has an oil hole and cap
to the right of the vacuum can.
This is the one illustrated in the Shop manual and the Rootes parts list.

Later style has a tri lobe center section; this style was introduced for the
1965 model year, a C50F casting #.

The tab for the distributor cap is part of the vacuum canister assembly.

The part # and date code for the distributor is just above the rear cap
spring clip.

I have a later style distributor in my hand; part # C8AF 12127 E, date code
8G23 = July 23,1968
The casting # is C8OF-12131-A; this # is located on the center section below
the vacuum can.

I'm using a Crane Cam adjustable vacuum can #99606-1.

The original Ford part #s for an early style distributor can be found on the
Tigerunited site.
http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/parts_rs260/Parts_List/17-WF-Electical
Equipment.pdf

Most of the part are used in the later style except the mechanical advance
parts which changed to a better design.

Ron Fraser