Re: [Tigers] SBF Distributor questions

To: rfraser@bluefrog.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] SBF Distributor questions
From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:36:46 -0300
Thanks Ron;

You are a fountain of information.

I exercised some diligence, stood on my head with a flashlight and a
magnifying glass, and found these numbers:

C2DF 12127 J
2BC

Looks like a unit between stock and your later version. When we did the
engine re-build, the rod bearing inserts were marked 1967, and it is a 289
block, so its likely the distributor came with this engine that was probably
out of an American (Mustang?) car. (My car came from Mass.)

I took the vacuum advance unit off and it had no numbers on it, nor a tab to
locate the dizzy cap. Must be a unit off another
distributor. At any rate, thanks also  for the number of the Crane
adjustable vacuum canister. The poor guy at Summit had a tough time finding
the
proper advance unit for me.

I will call back and give them this number. In the meantime, I have locked
the vacuum advance plate and set the timing normally. Should be ok
until I get the new unit installed.

Thanks again,

Dave