Re: [Tigers] fulcrum pins and crossmember

To: geowiz.sgy@cox.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] fulcrum pins and crossmember
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 19:54:55 EST
Yes absolutely replace the fulcrum pins.  Doug Jennings sells high  strength
pins of 4140 steel. Replace the bushings with the poly bushings from  SS.
Consider new ball joints if you can find them  I believe that Dale  sells all
this too.

Dale's Ackerman kit is well thought of.  But I don't thing anyone has  ever
done
a failure analysis on this new design.  No one wants to volunteer  their car.
The 'I think this should be OK' theory rules.

Why not drop the cross member and do the tech tip on welding the  shock
towers, etc.  When repainting the cross member, remember that the  SCCA
and others forbid powder coating suspension parts as it hides cracks.

I'll send John Logan's tech tip later.  New or used pins will fail  without
warning.
Don't lose your life or car.  Make and install Logan's tech tip.

In a message dated 12/10/2008 9:42:30 P.M. Central Standard Time,