Re: [Tigers] Brake System Recommendations Needed

To: Theo Smit <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Brake System Recommendations Needed
From: garywinblad@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 18:42:47 +0000 (UTC)
Theo might be right but unless your car is alot rustier or weakened
than mine I doubt it.
I think you should keep bleeding until the fluid comes out clear.  Get that
helper to provide postive pressure as you loosen/tighten the bleed
screws (yes, air can get in there if you are trying to bleed by yourself).
Also, you might try changing to stainless steel braided teflon hoses.
I got mine from CAT, think they really helped.  I have Dale's rear disk
kit and a 3/4in dual circuit master.  Brakes feel really good.. high pedal
(4 wheel disks, you will have some play to take up the drum shoes) and
negligible spongyness, just easy modulation by foot pressure.  This is
all opposed to my other car with totally stock servo'd monkey motion..

Gary