Re: [Tigers] Brake System Recommendations Needed

To: Theo Smit <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>, garywinblad@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Brake System Recommendations Needed
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:35:35 -0800 (PST)
To add to Garys post- its very important to have the rear drumb brakes adjusted
as tight as posible w/out overtighting the shoes- Im sure you are aware of ths
BUT Im throwing it out in case. The self bleeders seem to me to be worth the
investment- otherwise a clear tubing and a jar and an assistant keeping the
resivoir topped off or him/her pumping. The fluid shoulnt have any bubbles.
Also w/ a spare MC cap a power bleeder is easily adaptable or homemade and it
works beter than any other method as you get nothing but fresh fluid. I think
you start closest to the MC and work to the one farthest away- IF , I have that
backwards, someone please correct me as my oldtimers has started earlier than
average.
best regards,
TonytheTiger