Re: [Tigers] Original engine?

To: Thomas Witt <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Original engine?
From: garywinblad@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 20:05:49 +0000 (UTC)
Tom's right.  Corvette's have their body serial number matching their
engine number but Ford's don't.
Nobody has commented on the most important number though..
that's the engine build date, stamped on a boss on the front of the
block just in front of the driver's side head..
B9470622 has the original engine with a build code of 4C31?? (cant
read it right now).  4 means 1964, C means the third month (March),
31 means the 31st day (March 31, 1964) if I recall correctly.   I think
the car was built in May or June 1964 so everything matches up..

Gary