Re: [Tigers] Original engine?

To: <garywinblad@comcast.net>, "'Thomas Witt'" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Original engine?
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 08:07:56 -0400
Gary
        You are correct the build date code is very important and the engine
should be have a build date before the assembly date of the your Tiger but
if for any reason there was a problem with that engine a replacement could
have been installed with a totally different build date.    There is an 8
month difference between my 260 engine build date and the assembly date for
my Tiger.

        I believe there are very narrow build dates for Tiger engine also.
I believe Ford's Cleveland engine Plant was capable of casting and building
around 1000 engines per 8 hour shift but I have no specific facts to back
that up.   I also believe most of the Tiger engines were cast and built
during slow times, near Holiday times and around shut down times to least
interrupt the normal Ford production.   The last build of 260 engines For
the Tiger were built during the time Ford was only building 289's so that
group of engines had to be build during a time frame(s) that least
interfered with Ford's needs to build 289 engines.

Ron Fraser