[Tigers] SCF74 at Monterey video

To: Tiger's Den <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] SCF74 at Monterey video
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 14:17:52 -0700
Guys, (currently meaning both girls and boys - where have I been?)

As I understand the Monterey Historics rules, the competing cars must
have been raced at authorized events (not stop-light Grand Prix's) in
their days as a new cars.

If you look closely in the road left grandstands, after the
"CooperTires" half circle tire bridge, you'll see me, my wife, my son
Jay, and his two sons. Look Quick! Really exciting (and noisy) watching
Group 5B and the Tigers. Luckily an exhibitor (Hagerty) was passing out
free ear-plugs and "loot bags"."

Jay is a member of two Porsche organizations, and arranged a lunch at
the Porsche Club area. More free stuff for the Loot bag.

Was able to visit the "pit" area, Saturday, to see our friends Buck
Tripple and Dan Walters, and even my old mechanic Alan Moss (Moss
Motors) in his MG-TC. Must have missed Jere Teepen. The Tiger drivers,
Tom Sakai and John Morton were resting-up for Sunday's event. "John
Morton drove our #74 Sports Car Forum" (per Buck).

I know that the Pebble Beach Concourse was featuring Bugatti, and a
number of Type 57 (SC) were shown. There are more Type 57's around than
Bugatti ever made! (;- ) But there was a POTFUL of Type 35's in the races.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com