Re: [Tigers] Tiger Engine Installation Techniques

To: Beamclub <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Engine Installation Techniques
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 23:44:52 -0700 (PDT)
Just out of curiosity---- has anyone pulled their engine from top or bottom
while leaving one side or both headers on the engine. I have pulled more than
my share of Tiger drive trains. For years from the top but I kept reading how
easy out the bottom is. Well I dont think there is a lot of difference(unless
my header question receives a YES response) It seems to me having the proper
equipment is the secret. I would love to have a drawing of whatever invention
allows the floor jack to lift the crossmember square and level. HINT< HINT<
HINT. I have used an A frame on wheels with a 4 inch beam between the A legs
w/ 2 trolleys with 1 ton chain falls and I use the intake plate-- the A-frame
is taller than my rafters, so I have that much room to roll the engine/tranny
the direction I plan plus the car can be rolled- I dont have a measurement in
my head but with the intake plate, a shackle hooked to the hook on the chain
fall, I have no problem rolling the car
 from under the pair. I do remove the wheels and jack up the car, placing GOOD
jack stands in appropriate locations. Someone ask about using 4 jack stands,
my rule applies to 2,4 or more. Once in place you should be able to shake the
hell out of the car and have no worry about it falling. THEN, place floor
jacks where they give extra protection. Most life insurance pays double in
case of accidental death and a man just never knows when a female has decided
to get even for that mistake you made 28 years earlier.Like elephants, they
never forget- ANYTHING you did wrong. Not that I think that will ever happen
but dont leave a good floor jack just setting beside a car you are in
under. The same applies to tires and wheels. SAFETY FIRST