Re: [Tigers] Ignition/Coil/Tach Setup

To: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Ignition/Coil/Tach Setup
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 16:19:31 -0500
Hi Tom,
In about 2000 or 2001 I developed a circuit board to install in the Tiger
tach, to fix the OEM circuit's issues with the electronic ignitions and to
allow it to work with MSD,  other multi-spark ignition systems, or
distributorless ignitions. Since then, Tom Hall and I have converted somewhere
around 150 tachs for Tigers, Alpines, MG's, Healey's, Volvo's, and other LBCs
with Smiths/Jaeger instruments.
The module has been successfully interfaced with MSD, Jacobs, Buick, and
Megasquirt systems, as well as Pertronix, Lumenition, Lucas, Mallory, Accel,
and other points-replacement distributor sensors. I test with any system that
a client sends me, if there is any doubt about whether a particular
distributor/coil arrangement will properly trigger the tach.

What we do is not intended to compete with the services of Nissonger or MoMa.
Tom and I don't repair cosmetic damage to the tach. If you have some
electronics soldering skills and the ability to calibrate a tach, then you can
just buy the module and do your own installation.

Best regards,
Theo

---

use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

Thank you for your cooperation.