Re: [Tigers] Ignition/Coil/Tach Setup

To: "Would U.Believe" <mcdangerous@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Ignition/Coil/Tach Setup
From: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 22:30:54 -0400
The Jaeger tach is an inductive instrument; that's what the little loop on
the back is... a one turn coil. If you have multiple pulses you can get
erratic behavior at low rpm's. I can't say from personal experience whether
it'll work on an electronic ignition; mine was stock when it ran. Still,
what Peter told me makes sense, and it would appear Theo ran into a similar
problem because he designed a solution also. So... you can try it or not. If
your tach works, good for you! If not, and if you want to use Nisonger, the
price is $275.

Tom