Re: [Tigers] ARE Libre wheels

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] ARE Libre wheels
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 23:06:45 -0700
 >>>His (Smitty's) response was: "That's Magnesium.  I'm not gonna weld
that.  If it catches fire, it'll burn right through the concrete."<<<

I remember in high school we had an aluminum smelt.  Kids would bring in
cans and melt them down to make "T" shifter handles. One day the crucible
had a strange glow.  The teacher got out the tongs and throw the offending
metal in a water tank. 15 minutes later I had to get to another class, but
it was still burning away when I left.  The metal of course was Magnesium.
It truly was like a miniature "China Syndrome."

Tom