Re: [Tigers] "POS" carb

To: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] "POS" carb
From: Allan Ballard <allanballard@att.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 05:15:19 -0400
Thanks everyone,

The fuel tanks have been redone; the floats are set correctly but I don't know
whether they leak or if anything is
sticking.

Since the the carb is new (remanufactured) hopefully the needle/seat is ok
...?

The carb appears to have two spacers each about 1/2 inch thick but I don't
know if either or both are non-heat absorbing---how
to tell?

There is a filter just prior to the fuel line connecting to the carb.

That leaves fuel pressure; makes sense to insert a pressure regulator into the
system.  The fuel pump is a new reproduction of
the factory pump.

Allan

On Jul 16, 2010, at 10:46 PM, Thomas Witt wrote:

> As you said you drove a short 6 miles and there was bubbling gas.  If this
car sat for 30 years the gas tank may be full of debris.  If it is getting
past the filter (is there a filter?) you could be having particles not
allowing the float to close.  This might be the cause of the excess fuel.

> So, it is either the float bowls overfilling (particles in the needle &
seat), overheating ( you need to insulate the carb from the intake with a none
heat absorbing spacer or your fuel pressure is too high.  Those would be the
first things to check.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/allanballard@att.net