Re: [Tigers] "POS" carb

To: Allan Ballard <allanballard@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] "POS" carb
From: Owain Lloyd <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 19:00:37 +0100
i had issues with slowly sinking floats too.  its hard to reproduce but at
about 12 bucks for a new float its not worth guessing.

before installing a regulator, fuel pressure should be easy to just measure
with one of those cheap fluid filled mechanical gauges that go under the
bonnet.  take it out when you're done.  you need a gauge to set/check the
regulator anyhow.  i keep a mechanical gauge on a long line that can come
into the interior in my tool chest for testing/diagnosis.  actually two -
one for carbs and one higher range one for injection.