Re: [Tigers] "POS" carb

To: Allan Ballard <allanballard@att.net>, Marc James Small
Subject: Re: [Tigers] "POS" carb
From: "Would U. Believe" <mcdangerous@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 08:12:08 -0400
Incidentally...   When installing the 289 engine, I had my first good look
at my fuel line. All the metal pipes look good and all the rubber hoses were
new.  Or so I thought.  I was truly shocked to find a 3.5 to 4 inch length
of really ratty, hardened, cloth covered fuel hose with the original double
wire hose bands on it. I think this was a factory bit. Just moving the fuel
line downward caused this to-this-point-unknown bit of fuel hose to crack.
It would certainly have leaked if I had not replaced it. This piece of hose
was just aft of the starter and conjoins two metal pipes.  Just FYI.  M